Combermere Dog Policy
Combermere Abbey is ‘dog-friendly’ and we are very happy to welcome dogs, well-behaved and over 6 months old. They must be fully house trained as well!!
We permit one large or two small dogs in each cottage, and they have a special area to run off leads in the Pleasure Gardens and the Garden Wood.
Visiting dogs receive their very own Pooch Pack: sofa cover, bowl and treat.
Please Note : We regret that we cannot accommodate dogs in the cottages when booked as wedding accommodation.
The Combermere Dog Policy below, will familiarise you with all the relevant information:
- Please keep dogs on a lead in the vicinity of the cottages. Whilst most people are comfortable with dogs, some are not used to them and children can be scared.
- We have earmarked certain areas—i.e. the Pleasure Garden and Garden Wood—where dogs are allowed to roam without leads. Please note this does not include the Walled Garden where children play.
- On the woodland walk, please keep your dog on a lead. This is because these woods are pheasant coverts, and there will be ground birds about at all times of the year.
- We do supply small bags to clear up after your dog—these can be disposed of in the large green bins, situated in the corner of the main car park.
- Please do not leave dogs on their own in the cottages—a strange place can be stressful for the dog who might cause damage (for which we might have to charge) and disturbance to other guests.
- Please keep dogs downstairs during your stay, and off furniture, bedspreads and bed linen for hygiene reasons.
There is a separate charge of £10.00 per day for each dog.